- Enabled video calls on Facebook network of 200M Skype users connecting to 800M Facebook users
- Created back-end of Skype for Mobile
- Lohika supported the transition from waterfall to distributed agile methodologies
- Assisted with the introduction of Java frameworks
- Introduced modern DevOps approaches to minimize maintenance time & implement modern cloud-enabled platform to scale existing products
Even Skype can’t do everything themselves
When Skype wanted to launch international mobile chat, audio and video conferencing, they chose Lohika as their strategic partner.
- Skype wanted 2G mobile phone users to be able to place Skype calls
- Skype wanted to become the VOIP calling solution for Facebook video calling
- Skype wanted to embed its click to call feature on websites around the world
Integrating the world’s most popular video and voice conferencing tool with the world’s most popular social media site is technically challenging. Skype has 300 million users worldwide and supports 1.4 trillion voice and video connections every day. Skype needed world class engineering teams up for the task, and Lohika delivered.