Note: This event was hosted in conjunction with Managers Club.
As an engineering team grows, it’s important for engineering leaders to conceive, communicate and reinforce a team’s strategy and vision.
To start, how do engineering leaders capture and document the strategy and vision in the first place? Is it a document or presentation? Next, how do leaders best communicate that strategy to their teams?
In this event, a panel of engineering leaders will discuss these topics:
- How do you define a strategy and vision in the first place?
- What’s the basis for a strategy and vision – business goals, executive mandates, other?
- What’s the best mechanism for communicating the strategy?
- How are strategy and vision factored into recruiting, hiring and onboarding?
- Measurement and metrics: how do engineering leaders know that the team is successfully executing the strategy and vision?
- Vidal Graupera, Engineering Manager, Productivity Tools UI/UX and IDEs at LinkedIn (moderator)
- Monica Bajaj, VP of Engineering at Okta
- Chintan Shah, VP of Engineering at Collective
- Himanshu Khurana, Director of Engineering, LinkedIn
Watch a recording of the panel discussion: