Integrating the world’s most popular video and voice conferencing tool with the world’s most popular social media site is technically challenging. Skype has 300 million users worldwide and supports 1.4 trillion voice and video connections every day. Skype needed world class engineering teams up for the task, and Lohika delivered.
- Skype wanted 2G mobile phone users to be able to place Skype calls
- Skype wanted to become the VOIP calling solution for Facebook video calling
- Skype wanted to embed its click to call feature in websites around the world
- Enabled video calls on Facebook network of 200M Skype users connecting to 800M Facebook users
- Created back-end of Skype for Mobile
- Lohika supported the transition from waterfall to distributed agile methodologies
- Assisted with the introduction of Java frameworks
- Introduced modern DevOps approaches to minimize maintenance time & implement modern cloud-enabled platform to scale existing products
- 1.4 billion Facebook users have the ability to complete a voice or video call instantly from a browser
- Mobile calls and Click to Call delivered significant revenue
- Relationship has lasted nine years
Created back-end of Skype for Mobile in 2008
Enabled video calls on Facebook network of 200M Skype users connecting to 800M Facebook users
"Lohika's innovation, partnership and commitment to engineering excellence surpasses all my expectations."